1. Cookie and similar technology usage policy
This policy refers to cookies and similar technologies used, as the case may be, in the websites and applications operated by SC Steel Consult SRL with registered office in UNIRII, No. 9, bl. 10, sc. B, et. 2, ap. 81, Postal Code 77160, ORAS POPESTI LEORDENI, Ilfov, (hereinafter referred to as Steel Consult) on the website www.my-k.ro (hereinafter referred to as the website).
Cookies are used for the following purposes:
• website operation,
• analyzing the behavior of website visitors,
• for advertising.
2. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file, made up of letters and numbers, which will be stored on a user's computer, mobile terminal or other equipment from which the Internet is accessed. The cookie is installed by the request issued by the user's terminal to a Steel Consult server or to a third party server.
3. What are cookies used for?
These files mainly make it possible to recognize the user's terminal and present the content in a relevant way, adapted to the user's preferences.
Cookies ensure a pleasant browsing experience for users and support Steel Consult's efforts to provide more tailored services to users, eg: – online privacy preferences, shopping cart or relevant advertising. They are also used in the preparation of aggregate anonymous statistics that help us understand how a user benefits from our Internet pages, allowing us to improve their structure and content, without allowing the user to be personally identified.
4. What cookies do we use?
We use two types of cookies: per session and persistent. Session cookies are temporary files that remain in the user's terminal until the session ends or the application is closed. Fixed cookies remain on the user's terminal for a period determined by the cookie parameters or until they are manually deleted by the user.
5. How are cookies used by this site?
A visit to this site may place the following types of cookies:
• cookies strictly necessary for the operation of the website
• analysis cookies
• advertising cookies
Strictly necessary cookies and/or similar technologies are essential for the proper functioning of the site, being set on your device when accessing the site or following actions performed on the site, as the case may be. You can set your browser to block cookies, but in this case certain sections of the website will not work properly.
6. Do cookies or similar technologies contain personal data?
7. Blocking cookies
If you want to block cookies, some functions of the site will be stopped, and this may generate certain malfunctions or errors in using our site. For example, blocking cookies may prevent you from:
• buy online
• log in to your account
If you agree with these limitations and want to block cookies, follow the instructions below:
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can change your settings to block some or all cookies.
8. Managing preferences regarding the placement of cookies
In general, an application used to access web pages allows cookies and/or similar technologies to be saved on the terminal by default. These settings can be changed in such a way that the automatic administration of cookies is blocked by the web browser or the user is informed each time cookies are sent to his terminal.
9. Why are cookies and/or similar technologies important to the Internet?
Cookies and/or similar technologies are central to the efficient functioning of the Internet, helping to generate a user-friendly browsing experience tailored to each user's preferences and interests. Rejecting or disabling cookies may make some sites or parts of sites impossible to use.
Deactivating cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive, in compliance with the law, online advertising - but only that it will no longer be able to take into account your preferences and interests, highlighted by your browsing behavior.
Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require the authentication of a user through an account):
• Content and services tailored to user preferences – categories of products and services.
• Offers tailored to users' interests
• Password retention
• Retention of child protection filters regarding Internet content (family mode options, safe search functions).
• Limiting the frequency of serving ads – limiting the number of times an ad is shown to a specific user on a site.
• Providing relevant advertising to the user.
• Measuring, optimizing and adapting analysis features – such as confirming a certain level of traffic on a website, what type of content is viewed and how a user arrives at a website (eg: through search engines, directly, from other websites etc.). Websites run these analyzes regarding their use in order to improve their services for the benefit of users.
10. Security and Privacy Issues
In general, browsers have integrated privacy settings that provide different levels of cookie acceptance, validity period and automatic deletion after the user has visited a certain site.
Other security aspects related to cookies:
• Customizing your browser's cookie settings to reflect a comfortable level of cookie security for you.
• If you are the only person using the computer, you can optionally set long expiration periods for storing your browsing history and personal access data.
• If you share computer access, you may consider setting your browser to delete individual browsing data each time you close the browser. This is an option to access sites that place cookies and delete any visit information when you close your browsing session.
11. Links and additional useful information
If you want to find out more information about cookies and what they are used for, we recommend the following links:
Microsoft Cookies guide
All About Cookies